You have an obsolete workstation or laptop with low memory, small hard drive, running Windows XP or Windows 7 and you just want to run light applications like opening a word and an excel file or just visit specifics web sites and social media.
These are 5 tips to improve the performance of your obsolete workstation or laptop.
1) Remove any installed antivirus. You only just have to avoid visiting unknown sites
2) Disable system restore. You cannot have any restore points. Don’t mind. In case of problem just format machine
3) Adjust the visual effects for best performance
4) Make the most possible windows updates and then turn off automatic updates.
5) From windows features uncheck the windows search. This is a really heavy task that windows scan all the files and creating indexes for fast searching. Do you really need this?